Subject: Re: Stereo Imaging
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 14:59:33 -0500

I have done a bunch of anaglyphic (red/green) animations on the Amiga years
ago, but maybe some of this can help:

The distance between the two cameras should be roughly the distance between a
person's eyes, the furthur apart the more pronounced the 3D effect but it tends
to make things look like miniatures

Turn the two views of the same frame into black & white images, ImageFX has a
 button that does this.

Turn one B&W picture into a range of reds (turn pure black into pure red and
grad to white) And the other into a range of blues.

Merge the two frames together (I used an ancient program called Pixmate which
was set up to take three separate RGB pictures, I just made the green all black
so it merged the R & B together). You could probably lay one over the other
giving each 50% intensity.

I haven't done it in years but one of the cool things about ImageFX is that you
can make Arexx of every command so you can batch process an animation.

There might be a way to texture map the red & blue images onto two transparent
planes in LW, give it a try and let us know.

Steve Segal, Pixar animator